Advanced EMT Technical Diploma
Program Code: 30-531-6
For more information: www.wctc.edu/fire-ems
Emergency medical technicians perform certain medical procedures, provide ambulance transportation and administer pre-hospital care in preparation for getting patients to an emergency department. In this program, participate in advanced-level clinical experiences, and gain skills in IV access and fluid therapy as well as administration of aspirin, 50 percent dextrose, Narcan, Atrovent, epinephrine, glucagon and nitroglycerin.
Build your degree along a career pathway. Start with a couple of courses or an entry-level credential to enter the job market in your area of interest, then continue with higher credentials on your educational path for job advancement and higher wages.
1. Prepare for incident response and EMS operations.
2. Integrate patho-physiological principles and assessment findings for a variety of patient encounters.
3. Demonstrate AEMT skills associated with established standards for a variety of patient encounters.
4. Communicate effectively with others.
5. Demonstrate professional behavior.
6. Meet state and national competency requirements for AEMT credentialing.
See website at www.wctc.edu/fire-ems for additional program requirements.