EMS: Advanced EMT
EMS: Advanced EMT Technical Diploma, 4 credits
Program Code: 30-531-6
For more information: www.wctc.edu/fire-ems
The Advanced EMT program offers higher-level clinical experiences. Gain skills in IV access and fluid therapy as well as administration of aspirin, 50 percent dextrose, Narcan, Atrovent, epinephrine, glucagon and nitroglycerine.
- Prepare for jobs as an advanced EMT, emergency room technician or firefighter/EMT.
- A State of Wisconsin EMT-Basic license is required for participation in this program; upon successful completion of the Advanced EMT program, students are prepared to take the National Registry examination to be licensed as a Wisconsin Intermediate-Technician.
- This program includes clinical experience at a hospital emergency department.
Build your degree along a program pathway. Start with courses for entry-level employment, and continue your education path for higher wages and job advancement.
1. Prepare for incident response and EMS operations.
2. Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings for a variety of patient encounters.
3. Demonstrate AEMT skills associated with established standards for a variety of patient encounters.
4. Communicate effectively with others.
5. Demonstrate professional behavior.
6. Meet state and national competency requirements for AEMT credentialing.
View semester course listing at www.wctc.edu/fire-ems for start dates.
See website at www.wctc.edu/fire-ems for additional program requirements.