Truck Driving (CDL Class A)
Truck Driving (CDL Class A) Technical Diploma, 12 credits
Program Code 30-458-1
For more information: www.wctc.edu/truck
Truck drivers are charged with the safe delivery of goods from point A to point B. Their routes generally take them from one state to another, navigating all kinds of weather and road conditions. Currently, there is a high demand for skilled drivers. In the Truck Driving program, prepare to earn a Class A Commercial Truck Driver’s License. In the Truck Driving program, gain knowledge of federal and state regulations, safety procedures, hazardous materials, bills of lading, loading and securing, and air brake systems.
- Graduates will have an opportunity to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License; endorsements for hazardous materials, tankers and doubles/triples; air brake certification; and a National Safety Council Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Train in a state-of-the-art Truck Driving Simulator that replicates real-life high-risk situations within a safe environment.
- Weekday options are available in the fall, spring and summer semesters; evening options are also available in the fall semester; and weekend options are also available in the spring semester.
For start dates, view course listings at www.wctc.edu/truck
For more information:
- Perform commercial vehicle inspections.
- Communicate with industry and regulatory personnel.
- Complete legal and industry documentation.
- Plan trips
- Perform safe operation of a commercial vehicle
- Obtain Commercial Driver's License
|458-341||Truck Driving as a Profession||4|
|458-342||Truck Driving-Basic Experience||4|
|458-345||Truck Driving Road Experience||4|