Dental Assistant Technical Diploma, 16 credits
Program Code: 30-508-2
For more information: www.wctc.edu/dental-asst
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office and laboratory responsibilities. They provide chair side assistance as dentists examine and treat patients. They make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment and obtain their dental records. In the Dental Assistant program, learn to use and care for dental equipment, expose and process radiographs, assist with dental emergencies, record medical and dental information, maintain a supply inventory, and perform related dental office and laboratory procedures under the direction and supervision of a dentist.
- Prepare for jobs such as dental assistant or orthodontic assistant.
- Involvement with the Dental Assisting Club helps promote the dental-assisting profession in matters of education, legislation, credentialing and professional activities that enhance the delivery of quality dental health care.
A grade point of 2.0 (C) or better is required in all courses to complete the program.
- Perform a variety of entry-level supportive dental procedures.
- Manage infection and hazard control.
- Produce diagnostic radiographs.
- Perform basic dental laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors, ethics, and appearance.
|508-101||Dental Health Safety||1|
Approved Substitute: 508-112
|508-304||Dental & General Anatomy||2|
|508-305||Applied Dental Radiography||2|
|508-306||Dental Assistant Clinical||3|
|508-307||Dental Assistant Professional||1|