WCTC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) meaning that WCTC has met standards for educational and institutional quality by providing evidence for the following HLC Criteria:
Criterion 1. Mission: The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operations.
Criterion 2. Integrity: Ethical And Responsible Conduct: The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
Criterion 3. Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support: The institution provides quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
Criterion 4. Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement: The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
Criterion 5. Institutional Effectiveness, Resources and Planning: The institution’s resources, structures, processes and planning are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities.
The Higher Learning Commission does not provide program accreditation. However, several WCTC programs have received independent accreditations from other agencies as detailed below.
- Culinary Management: accredited by the American Culinary Federation Accrediting Commission
- Nursing - Associate Degree: accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Dental Hygienist: accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Medical Assistant: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Surgical Technology: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Physical Therapy Assistant: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Radiography: accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology
- Health Information Technology: accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Paramedic Technician: accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the EMS Professions
- Electrical Engineering Technology: accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
Several of WCTC’s other occupational programs have received external approval from governmental and non-governmental agencies as well as consistent support and recognition from the instructional program advisory committees.