Nursing Assistant Technical Diploma
Program Code: 30-543-1
For more information: wctc.edu/nursing-asst
Learn fundamental nursing assistant skills through lectures, demonstrations and skills practice in this 75-hour program. After mastering the skills, complete training in a nursing home or hospital setting under the supervision of an instructor. Certified Medication Assistant course is available for qualified CNAs.
The minimum required course grades and program grade point average (GPA) for students under this catalog are:
Core Courses = B-
Program GPA = 2.0
Related Certificates that can be earned along the way.
- Communicate and interact effectively with clients, family and co-workers.
- Maintain and protect client rights.
- Report information and record observations.
- Demonstrate the ethical and legal responsibilities of the NA/HHA.
- Provide safe care to a diverse population, meeting personal, physical and psycho-social client needs.
- Assist with client rehabilitation and restorative care, promoting independence.
- Assist clients with long-term, disabling conditions including dementia, always focusing on the strengths of the client.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Eligible to take the WI Nurse Aide competency evaluation.
Critical Life Skills
To help our students prepare for success in a workplace and society that is increasingly global, multicultural and collaborative, we provide curricular and co-curricular opportunities to develop critical life skills. WCTC is committed to teaching all students the following skills:
- Communication: Demonstrate appropriate communication.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Demonstrate critical thinking skills to analyze situations and solve problems.
- Relationships: Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Self-management: Demonstrate responsible and respectful behavior.
Listed below are the required courses for the program. To view the recommended sequence for taking courses click on the plan of study tab(s) above. See your Academic Advisor to design a full-time or part-time plan that works for you!