Nursing Assistant Technical Diploma
Program Code: 30-543-1
For more information: wctc.edu/nursing-asst
Learn fundamental nursing assistant skills through lectures, demonstrations and skills practice in this 120-hour program. After mastering the skills, complete training in a nursing home or hospital setting under the supervision of an instructor. Certified Medication Assistant course is available for qualified CNAs.
Related Certificates that can be earned along the way.
1. Communicate and interact effectively with clients, family and co-workers.
2. Maintain and protect client rights.
3. Report information and record observations.
4. Demonstrate the ethical and legal responsibilities of the NA/HHA.
5. Provide safe care to a diverse population, meeting personal, physical and psycho-social client needs.
6. Assist with client rehabilitation and restorative care, promoting independence.
7. Assist clients with long-term, disabling conditions including dementia, always focusing on the strengths of the client.
8. Work cooperatively in a team environment.
9. Eligible to take the WI Nurse Aide competency evaluation.