Nursing Assistant Technical Diploma, 3 credits
Program Code: 30-543-1
For more information: www.wctc.edu/nursing-asst
In the 120-hour Nursing Assistant program, gain proficiency in fundamental nursing assistant skills through lectures, skill demonstration and hands-on practice of skills in a nursing assistant lab. Learn basic nursing assistant tasks needed to care for patients in hospitals, long-term care facilities and their own homes. Once these skills are mastered in the classroom, training will be completed in a skilled nursing facility or hospital setting under the supervision of an instructor.
- Upon successful completion of the WCTC Nursing Assistant program, graduates will be eligible to take the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Competency Examination through the American Red Cross and be placed on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry.
- Nursing Assistant is a prerequisite for Certified Medication Assistant, which requires a 108-hour state approved training program. Medication Assistant is only available to certified nursing assistants who are currently employed in long-term care.
- Completion of the Nursing Assistant diploma program will help satisfy some program entrance requirements for WCTC’s Nursing – Associate Degree program.
A grade point of 2.0 (C) or better is required in all courses to complete the program.
Related Certificates that can be earned along the way.
1. Communicate and interact effectively with clients, family and co-workers.
2. Maintain and protect client rights.
3. Report information and record observations.
4. Demonstrate the ethical and legal responsibilities of the NA/HHA.
5. Provide safe care to a diverse population, meeting personal, physical and psychosocial client needs.
6. Assist with client rehabilitation and restorative care, promoting independence.
7. Assist clients with long-term, disabling conditions including dementia, always focusing on the strengths of the client.
8. Work cooperatively in a team environment.
9. Eligible to take the WI Nurse Aide competency evaluation.