Pharmacy Technician Technical Diploma, 36 credits
Program Code: 31-536-1
For more information: www.wctc.edu/pharmacy-tech
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in hospital and community pharmacies. Learn to package and label drugs for prescription dispensing, prepare and deliver unit dose drugs to nursing services of hospitals or nursing homes, prepare parental mixtures under aseptic and sterile conditions, receive and inventory drug shipments, and maintain records and patient profiles.
- Prepare for jobs such as pharmacy technician or pharmacy assistant.
- Through a consortium effort, this Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) Pharmacy Technician program combines course work at WCTC, LTC and on-site distance education classes.
- Through the partnership agreement, LTC serves as the host college and saves slots for WCTC students. Only a portion of the classes are offered at WCTC; the other courses are offered at the partnership school. Students will graduate from the host college – LTC – not WCTC.
A grade point of 2.0 (C) or better is required in all courses to complete the program.
Partnership Program with Lakeshore Technical College
1. Demonstrate personal/interpersonal knowledge and skills in the practice of pharmacy.
2. Demonstrate foundational professional knowledge and skills for the practice of pharmacy.
3. Prepare prescriptions/medication orders and pharmaceutical products for dispensing, distribution and disposal.
4. Compound sterile and non-sterile medications.
5. Follow established policies and procedures for procurement, billing, reimbursement and inventory management.
6. Utilize pharmacy technology and informatics.
7. Adhere to state and federal regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
8. Apply the principles of quality assurance to the practice of pharmacy.
This is a partnership program and only a portion of the classes are offered at WCTC; the other courses are offered at the partnership school.
|Core Offered at WCTC|