Central Service Technician
Central Service Technician Technical Diploma, 6 credits
Program Code: 30-534-1
For more information: www.wctc.edu/central-service
With the ever-expanding technological advancements in medical supplies, instrumentation, devices and equipment, highly trained individuals are needed in the field of central service. These technicians provide support to all patient care services in the healthcare facility. In the Central Service Technician program, learn the principles, procedures and skills needed to maintain the quality of medical products that are processed, packaged and sterilized by a hospital. These products, which include everything from thermometers to surgical instruments, are used in emergency rooms, outpatient clinics, patient rooms and surgical suites.
- Prepare for jobs such as central service technician, instrument technician, processing technician or supply processing technician.
- Advance to positions of chief technician or supervisor with experience and training.
A grade point of 2.0 (C) or better is required in all courses to complete the program.
1. Apply principles of infection control in the role of the Central Service Technician.
2. Decontaminate instruments and equipment.
3. Prepare instruments, equipment and supplies.
4. Apply sterilization techniques.
5. Perform inventory control and distribution.
6. Function as an ethical, legal and professional member of the healthcare team.
|501-107||Digital Literacy Healthcare||2|
|534-301||Princ of CS Proc & Dist||4|