Central Service Technician
Central Service Technician Technical Diploma
Program Code: 30-534-1
For more information: www.wctc.edu/central-service
Central service technicians provide patient care services in the healthcare facility by maintaining the equipment and supplies used in hospital and clinical settings. Learn the principles, procedures and skills needed to process, package, sterilize and distribute tools and equipment used in surgery and other patient care areas.
The minimum required course grades and program grade point average (GPA) for students under this catalog are:
Core Courses = C
Program GPA = 2.0
- Apply principles of infection control in the role of the Central Service Technician.
- Decontaminate instruments and equipment.
- Prepare instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Apply sterilization techniques.
- Perform inventory control and distribution.
- Function as an ethical, legal and professional member of the healthcare team.
Critical Life Skills
To help our students prepare for success in a workplace and society that is increasingly global, multi-cultural, and collaborative, all students are given opportunities to develop and demonstrate Critical Life Skills, both in and out of the classroom. The following Critical Life Skills are learning outcomes for WCTC students.
- Communication: Demonstrate appropriate communication.
- Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Demonstrate critical thinking skills to analyze situations and solve problems.
- Relationships: Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Self-management: Demonstrate responsible and respectful behavior.
Listed below are the required courses for the program. To view the recommended sequence for taking courses click on the plan of study tab(s) above. See your Academic Advisor to design a full-time or part-time plan that works for you!
View your Program Matrix to find out when each course will be offered (term and time of day).
|501-107||Digital Literacy Healthcare||2|
|534-301||Princ of CS Proc & Dist||4|