Central Service Technician
Central Service Technician Technical Diploma
Program Code: 30-534-1
For more information: www.wctc.edu/central-service
Central service technicians provide patient care services in the healthcare facility by maintaining the equipment and supplies used in hospital and clinical settings. Learn the principles, procedures and skills needed to process, package, sterilize and distribute tools and equipment used in surgery and other patient care areas.
1. Apply principles of infection control in the role of the Central Service Technician.
2. Decontaminate instruments and equipment.
3. Prepare instruments, equipment and supplies.
4. Apply sterilization techniques.
5. Perform inventory control and distribution.
6. Function as an ethical, legal and professional member of the healthcare team.
|501-107||Digital Literacy Healthcare||2|
|534-301||Princ of CS Proc & Dist||4|